NHIAA Football: Bedford storms past Memorial
That's when his Bedford Bulldogs really turn on the jets. Twenty-eight second quarter points Friday helped the Bulldogs to a 45-14 win over Manchester Memorial.
In fact, it was Memorial making plays early. Deon Ball returned the opening kickoff 44 yards to the Bulldog 36.
But the Crusaders stalled at the 25 and turned the ball over on downs.
But Memeorial came right back with an eight-play, 70-yard drive capped by a one- yard run by Peter Abood.
But as off as the Bulldogs have been on the first quarter, they have been catching fire in the second.Colella kept finding his favorite target Nate Jaeger open in the end zone. Jaeger had touchdown catches of 28 and 25 yards to make it 19-7.
Jaeger added to his big night with an interception late in the second.
Two plays later, a scrambling Colella hit a wide-open Vailas for a 43-yard touchdown making it 35-7 at the half.
Keenan McCoole added a field goal.
"Nate is very athletic. He was open when I needed him," Coella said.
Hines said that going repeatedly to Jaeger wasn't in the game plan, but that he is a great target when his other receivers are covered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'