Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. woman 'lucky to be alive' after ATV crash in Jericho
Alaina Grady, 35, of Abington, Mass. was riding on Brook Road Trail when she failed to take a curve and rolled over a 30-foot embankment, barely avoiding smashing into a tree.
Grady's boyfriend, who was also riding the trail, called for help. Members of the Berlin fire and police departments and other rescue workers responded. They removed the woman from the scene and took her to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment.
Investigators say preliminary indications are tha tunreasonable speed was the "leading cause" of the crash. Grady was wearing a helmet and officers said alcohol was not a factor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072