Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth knocks off previously unbeatean Yale
Dartmouth evened its overall record at 2-2 and its Ivy League mark at 1-1. Yale fell to 3-1 and 1-1.
The teams were tied 13-13 going into the fourth quarter and Pierre scored on a 6-yard run with 10:11 left to play and Riley Lyons kicked the conversion.
The Big Green defense then came up with a fumble recovery - Chase Womack caused it and Mike Banaciski got the ball - to end Yale's final possession.
Dartmouth opened the scoring when Williams connected with tight end Cole Marcoux for a 9-yard score on the first play of the second quarter. Yale blocked the conversion kick.
The Big Green pulled even with 7:05 left in the third period when Williams and Bo Patterson teamed up for a 32-yard TD.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice