Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Dartmouth knocks off previously unbeatean Yale
Dartmouth evened its overall record at 2-2 and its Ivy League mark at 1-1. Yale fell to 3-1 and 1-1.
The teams were tied 13-13 going into the fourth quarter and Pierre scored on a 6-yard run with 10:11 left to play and Riley Lyons kicked the conversion.
The Big Green defense then came up with a fumble recovery - Chase Womack caused it and Mike Banaciski got the ball - to end Yale's final possession.
Dartmouth opened the scoring when Williams connected with tight end Cole Marcoux for a 9-yard score on the first play of the second quarter. Yale blocked the conversion kick.
The Big Green pulled even with 7:05 left in the third period when Williams and Bo Patterson teamed up for a 32-yard TD.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: City champ eyes state title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty