Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Plaistow lawyer indicted for sexually assaulting 15-year-old boy
Lawrence A. Buswell, 52, of Kingston, was indicted by a grand jury on two counts of felonious sexual assault, charges that are each punishable by 3 1/2 to 7 years in state prison.
Buswell is also facing vehicular assault charges in a separate case for a causing a fatal boating crash that killed another boater, 54-year-old Eric Eskeland of Merrimack, last May.
Buswell has pleaded not guilty in district court to the sexual assault charges and remains free on $50,000 personal recognizance bail.
He will be arraigned on new indictments on Oct. 24 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Police say that Buswell allegedly plied the boy with two shots of Smirnoff Sour Apple Vodka then took him on out his boat to go swimming.
The rape occurred while the boat was stationed off a cove on the east side of an island, according to court documents.
Police learned about the alleged assault last Aug. 10 when the boy’s father contacted Kingston police.
The boy and his family had been camping at Country Shores Campground for the last 11 years.
Buswell is the owner's son, police said.
Kingston police arrested Buswell, of 11 Lions Way in Kingston on May 6 after spending months calling him and leaving a certified letter seeking his statement.
Court records say the boy was just wearing boxer shorts when he came out of the water, and Buswell moved in to wrap a towel around him. Buswell then sat the youth on the middle console of the boat, "grabbed his crotch and squeezed," according to court records.
The boy told police that he moved Buswell's hand away. Buswell then slid his hand under the boy's boxers and touched him, police said.
Buswell then allegedly pulled his pants down and forced the boy to perform two sexual acts, according to a police affidavit by Kingston police Detective Christopher LeBrecque.
Buswell has been a New Hampshire lawyer since 1986, according to the state's bar directory.
A circuit court judge has already ordered the long-time lawyer to have no contact with any person under 16 years of age, including the teenage boy he allegedly assaulted. Buswell also signed a waiver of extradition.
In the boating case, Buswell is accused of piloting a 20-foot power boat at a high rate of speed when it collided with a 17-foot powerboat. The crash happened 11:27 p.m. last May 26.
Prosecutors have suggested that Buswell could face negligent homicide charges in the boating case, but no indictment have yet been returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Fingerprints of man accused of theft belong to 2 people - 0
- Lookout man in Bedford home invasion case pleads guilty - 0
- Hearing postponed for suspended fire official - 0
- Confessed serial burglar facing new charges - 0
- Former Litchfield parochial school principal to plead guilty to embezzlement - 0
- Dover man faces manufacturing child porn charges after sex assault case - 0
- Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 10
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
- Giants' blueprint? There is none - 0
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 14
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 12
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar