Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid panel set to be heard
What has been in doubt - and continues to be - is whether the proposed expansion includes enough incentives for two or more Senate Republicans to jump ship and join their Democratic counterparts to approve a plan that would add about 49,000 people to the Medicaid rolls and pay state health care providers $2.4 billion in federal money over the next seven years.
It is good to remember the commission's recommendation is a starting point. As the Legislature begins to work on the proposal, the real negotiations begin.
During the next few weeks, there will be posturing, press releases, news conferences and lots of rumors.
- - - - - - - -
Northern Pass: Public Service of New Hampshire officials spent a good part of the summer traveling around the state hosting open houses to explain the proposed Northern Pass power line project, which would carry hydro-electic power from the Canadian border to Deerfield for distribution in New England.
While the project has yet to receive many of the permits it would need, the battle has intensified recently.
- - - - - - - -
Gas Tax: Highway infrastructure improvements will be a major issue during the 2014 session.
Bragdon has been replaced by Chuck Morse, however, and the Salem Republican has adamantly opposed increasing the gas tax.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Rainy day blues - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: State revenue picture still unclear until later this year - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Buffer zone ruling by U.S. Supreme Court fuels abortion feud - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Democrats and Republicans parties round out their next tickets in NH - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: NH legislative session winding to a close - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Saying goodbye - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: So many NH legislative bills get left at the roadside - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid tax debate may linger into summer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m