Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid panel set to be heard
What has been in doubt - and continues to be - is whether the proposed expansion includes enough incentives for two or more Senate Republicans to jump ship and join their Democratic counterparts to approve a plan that would add about 49,000 people to the Medicaid rolls and pay state health care providers $2.4 billion in federal money over the next seven years.
It is good to remember the commission's recommendation is a starting point. As the Legislature begins to work on the proposal, the real negotiations begin.
During the next few weeks, there will be posturing, press releases, news conferences and lots of rumors.
- - - - - - - -
Northern Pass: Public Service of New Hampshire officials spent a good part of the summer traveling around the state hosting open houses to explain the proposed Northern Pass power line project, which would carry hydro-electic power from the Canadian border to Deerfield for distribution in New England.
While the project has yet to receive many of the permits it would need, the battle has intensified recently.
- - - - - - - -
Gas Tax: Highway infrastructure improvements will be a major issue during the 2014 session.
Bragdon has been replaced by Chuck Morse, however, and the Salem Republican has adamantly opposed increasing the gas tax.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Gun rights groups taking aim at SB 244 - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Gas tax increase still a political hot potato - 5
- State House Dome: House committee to vote on repealing death penalty - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Place your bets on House casino vote - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Fresh deck for casinos - 14
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Charitable gaming on the table - 3
- Garry Rayno's Statehouse Dome: Diverse group favors death penalty repeal - 2
- Gary Rayno's State House Dome: Lawmakers return Wednesday; House eyes 'good time' for inmates - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Legislature facing hot-button issues - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth