Home » News » Public Safety
Bird-hunting son's shot hits father in Dummer
David Osgood, 55, of Berlin, was hit by seven shotgun pellets on his right side after his son, Cory Osgood, 24, of Nothignham, fired at a woodcock in what authorities describe as an overgrown orchard off of Hill Road in Dummer.
Osgood drove himself to Androscoggin Valley Hospital where he was treated and released.
Father and son were questioned by state Fish and Game officials, who continue their investigation into the shooting.
Officials said both men were wearing hunter orange, but could not see each other when the shot was fired.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry to receive speed sign through donation - 0
- Judge rejects bid for new trial by ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- NH Senate Roundup: Marijuana penalties to remain the same in Granite State - 0
- Extreme skier enjoys second round of luck - 0
- Derry councilors vote to expand revitalization zone - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Manchester Cub Scout robotics team making plans for world championship - 0
- Judge rejects request to stop auto dealer 'bill of rights' - 0
- Earnings lift S&P 500 and Nasdaq - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start