Home » News » Public Safety
Hudson teens injured when truck crashes into tree
The truck driven by 18-year-old Hudson resident Derek Wisnosky was heavily damaged after crashing into a tree shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday morning. Wisnosky and a passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, were both seriously injured in the crash. (COURTESY)
Police said Derek Wisnosky, 18, of Melendy Road, crashed his white, Toyota pickup truck on Thorning Road, near Memorial Drive, shortly after 2 a.m.
According to Hudson Police Lieutenant Bianchi, Wisnosky was trapped inside his vehicle when police and fire crews arrived on the scene and hydraulic tools had to be used to bring him to safety.
The truck's one passenger, Dylan Conroy, 18, of Lowell Road, had exited the vehicle on his own before emergency crews swept in.
Both young men were transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua with injuries Bianchi said were "serious, but not life-threatening."
A call to the hospital confirmed that Wisnosky and Conroy remained at the hospital as of midday on Sunday. Word on their conditions wasn’t immediately available.
Speed and alcohol both appear to have factored into the crash, police said, though the incident remains under investigation by the Hudson Police Crash Investigation and Reconstruction Team.
Wisnosky, who was released on $15,000 personal recognizance bail, faces a charge of felony Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated. His arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 31 at 9th Circuit Court in Nashua.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism