NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown
Schneider placed 13th overall, in 20 minutes 43 seconds, and Smith was 26th, in 21:04.
THE PEORIA Rivermen of the Southern Professional Hockey League last week added former Plymouth State goalie Jack Astedt to their training-camp roster. Astedt, 23, spent the last four seasons at Plymouth State University (NCAA Div. III) in Plymouth, N.H. In 81 career games, he compiled a 51-20-8 record with 10 shutouts and a 2.37 goals against average. The 6-foot 1-inch, 175-pound netminder also registered a .918 save percentage during his college career.
Earlier, the Colorado Eagles of the East Coast Hockey League recently announced Friday that three former PSU players - Richard Zobak, Alex Cottle and J.C. Richardson - had signed amateur tryout agreements.
DANIEL Webster College athletics director Chris Gilmore last week announced Bristol native Andrea Woodbury as the new head coach of women's basketball at the Nashua school.
Woodbury spent last season as an assistant coach with Dartmouth College and spent the previous 22 years with the Siena College program in a variety of roles, including nine years as associate head coach. During her time at Siena, she also coordinated the program's scouting and recruiting operations.
"(Woodbury) brings an extraordinary coaching background, and her years of experience will pay immediate dividends as we look to remain an annual challenger for the New England Collegiate Conference championship," said Gilmore.
LEADING by 1.5 points after Day 3 of the four-day America East Women's Swimming and Diving Championship last season, the University of New Hampshire pulled away and cruised to a 39.5-point victory.
That momentum should carry into this season for the Wildcats, who return the conference meet's Most Outstanding Swimmer, Jenni Roberts of Sanford, Maine, along with a host of other key contributors to the 2012-13 championship.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice