Pinkerton Academy seniors gain a new software tool to apply to college
A new software program known as Naviance was unveiled at the start of the school year and is helping streamline the application process, said Jan Deleault, Pinkerton’s director of guidance. The software program allows students to easily request transcripts and letters of recommendation, explore careers and take interest surveys, Deleault said.
Plans call for allowing juniors to access the program in the spring, and eventually for all 3,100 Pinkerton students to use Naviance.
“This is the first time we’ve done this,” Deleault said. “We’re a little nervous, but so far so good.”
Students are already using the program and know how to request letters of recommendation, Deleault said. The next step will be to give a PowerPoint presentation to faculty with a tutorial to follow.
Another feature of the program will allow guidance counselors to track which colleges Pinkerton graduates gain admission to and to keep their corresponding GPA and SAT records on file. This historical, anonymous information will allow parents to assess their children’s chances of going to a particular college.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383