Pinkerton Academy seniors gain a new software tool to apply to college
A new software program known as Naviance was unveiled at the start of the school year and is helping streamline the application process, said Jan Deleault, Pinkerton’s director of guidance. The software program allows students to easily request transcripts and letters of recommendation, explore careers and take interest surveys, Deleault said.
Plans call for allowing juniors to access the program in the spring, and eventually for all 3,100 Pinkerton students to use Naviance.
“This is the first time we’ve done this,” Deleault said. “We’re a little nervous, but so far so good.”
Students are already using the program and know how to request letters of recommendation, Deleault said. The next step will be to give a PowerPoint presentation to faculty with a tutorial to follow.
Another feature of the program will allow guidance counselors to track which colleges Pinkerton graduates gain admission to and to keep their corresponding GPA and SAT records on file. This historical, anonymous information will allow parents to assess their children’s chances of going to a particular college.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112