Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin man hit by son's birdshot back at work
New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are deciding whether to charge Cory Osgood, 24, of Nottingham with firing the birdshot that struck his father, David Osgood, 55, of Berlin. Osgood was hit with several No. 6 shotgun pellets, but was back at work Monday. his family said.
Lt. Wayne Saunders of Fish and Game’s Region One Office in Lancaster said Monday that the shooting in Dummer is under review.
“It’s kind of early to say, but it’s hard to believe it’s not negligent when you hit someone. Voice contact would’ve helped,” he said.
David Osgood drove to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment and was then released. Investigators interviewed both men.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 5
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate