Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Police dogs search area around home of missing Conway teen
Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan said Sunday the final call on the 15-year-old's phone was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort, a little more than two miles from where she lived.
Jordan said searchers have covered 4,000 acres or nearly five square miles of wilderness looking for the girl. Officers are conducting close-quarter line searches using GPS technology. Today, five teams of trained K-9 scent dogs will be brought in.
When asked what differentiates a missing person case from a suspected abduction, Agent Ramsey replied, "quite literally, nothing." It is the lack of information regarding abduction or any other outcome that keeps the case a missing person investigation, he said.
During the media briefing Saturday night at the Conway Police Department, Zenya Hernandez made a tearful plea for her daughter to come home, wished her a happy 15th birthday, and asked anyone that has noticed a change in the girl's behavior or who knows anything to come forward.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with school - 0
- UPDATED: Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst is identified - 1
- Need a job? The NH State Prison wants you - 0
- Man dies, toddler rescued in Manchester apartment fire - 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 2
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood