Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATE: Police dogs search area around home of missing Conway teen
Fish and Game Maj. Kevin Jordan said Sunday the final call on the 15-year-old's phone was made in the vicinity of Cranmore Mountain Resort, a little more than two miles from where she lived.
Jordan said searchers have covered 4,000 acres or nearly five square miles of wilderness looking for the girl. Officers are conducting close-quarter line searches using GPS technology. Today, five teams of trained K-9 scent dogs will be brought in.
When asked what differentiates a missing person case from a suspected abduction, Agent Ramsey replied, "quite literally, nothing." It is the lack of information regarding abduction or any other outcome that keeps the case a missing person investigation, he said.
During the media briefing Saturday night at the Conway Police Department, Zenya Hernandez made a tearful plea for her daughter to come home, wished her a happy 15th birthday, and asked anyone that has noticed a change in the girl's behavior or who knows anything to come forward.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change