Home » News » Roads and Travel
Islands on I-293 get sprucing up in Manchester
A crew began clearing the three islands and median strip Friday and should be finished with the landscaping makeover by the end of next week, said Peter Capano, chief of the parks division within the city’s Highway Department.
Beaulieu said she began alerting highway and parks officials they were not maintaining the median and islands at the Exit 5 interchange as they were supposed to under an agreement with the state.
Capano said the neglect was partly due to lack of staff, who devoted most of their time during the summer and early fall to maintaining high-traffic parks and athletic fields.
He said crews should be done clearing the site of weeds, making room for perennials and shrubs and bringing in bark mulch by Friday.
“It’s amazing what one taxpayer can do to make things happen in our city,” Beaulieu said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- George Will: Our adolescent President - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama stuck in his own Keystone pipeline trap - 2
- Catherine Provencher : We need to do more to teach financial literacy in NH - 9
- Diana Lacey : Casinos can end NH's long-term budget woes - 11
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: I'm with Washington Post on school choice - 1
- Thomas Sowell : Where liberalism creates $1.5 million starter homes - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why we sued to overturn NH's education tax credit - 5
- David Harsanyi: No, the right doesn’t want you to get sick and die - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama’s lame sock hop with Putin - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett police charge local man in several BB gun complaints - 0
- Fire destroys Weare home - 0
- High winds cause power outages, fan fires across state - 0
- Downed wires spark brush fire that spreads to Manchester house - 0
- Fugitive nabbed as he checks out the weather - 0
- Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry - 1
- Fetal homicide bill stopped in the Senate - 0
- Democrats worry about 'dirty tricks' - 0
- Truck pulls down power line, starts paint store blaze - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Michigan’s ban: Sotomayor’s ‘disadvantages’