Islands on I-293 get sprucing up in Manchester
A crew began clearing the three islands and median strip Friday and should be finished with the landscaping makeover by the end of next week, said Peter Capano, chief of the parks division within the city’s Highway Department.
Beaulieu said she began alerting highway and parks officials they were not maintaining the median and islands at the Exit 5 interchange as they were supposed to under an agreement with the state.
Capano said the neglect was partly due to lack of staff, who devoted most of their time during the summer and early fall to maintaining high-traffic parks and athletic fields.
He said crews should be done clearing the site of weeds, making room for perennials and shrubs and bringing in bark mulch by Friday.
“It’s amazing what one taxpayer can do to make things happen in our city,” Beaulieu said.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: America's interests come before party or President - 27
- John Stossel: We have two anti-choice parties in America - 1
- Another View -- Andres Martinez: How our imperial tax code encourages inversions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: What 'war on women'? - 4
- George Will: High stakes in Kansas - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: NH GOP's smearing of good people hits a new low - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance