Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Yes, that really happened: Red Sox win in walkoff after being down 5-0
New England fans were treated to two of the most improbable comebacks they'll ever see Sunday. After Tom Brady's Patriots heroics, the Red Sox fashioned a hard-to-fathom 6-5 win over the Detroit Tigers in Game 2 of the American League Championship Series.
Down 5-0, Boston came back with a run in the sixth on Dustin Pedroia's RBI single, scoring Shane Victorino.
Ortiz won the battle. He hit the first pitch into the right field bullpen, tying the game at 5-5 and sending Fenway Park into delirium.
Jonny Gomes led off with an infield single and took second base on former Sox shortstop Jose Iglesias' errant throw.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 18
- John Stossel: Celebs pose in opposition to system that made them rich - 7
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan