Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Yes, that really happened: Red Sox win in walkoff after being down 5-0
New England fans were treated to two of the most improbable comebacks they'll ever see Sunday. After Tom Brady's Patriots heroics, the Red Sox fashioned a hard-to-fathom 6-5 win over the Detroit Tigers in Game 2 of the American League Championship Series.
Down 5-0, Boston came back with a run in the sixth on Dustin Pedroia's RBI single, scoring Shane Victorino.
Ortiz won the battle. He hit the first pitch into the right field bullpen, tying the game at 5-5 and sending Fenway Park into delirium.
Jonny Gomes led off with an infield single and took second base on former Sox shortstop Jose Iglesias' errant throw.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch