Skull discovery in North Conway prompts call from Mass. family
A portion of a skull and teeth were found during a line search of the wooded terrain about two miles from Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway, officials have said.
"There is a possibility they could come up with a general and possible time line based on the condition of the remains," State Police Capt. David G. Parenteau said Monday.
Fish and Game Col. Martin S. Garabedian said it is rare to find unknown human remains in the White Mountain National Forest.
Of those reported missing to conservation officers, "very few people are unaccounted for," he added. He estimated the number to be two to three.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'