Skull discovery in North Conway prompts call from Mass. family
A portion of a skull and teeth were found during a line search of the wooded terrain about two miles from Cranmore Mountain Resort in North Conway, officials have said.
"There is a possibility they could come up with a general and possible time line based on the condition of the remains," State Police Capt. David G. Parenteau said Monday.
Fish and Game Col. Martin S. Garabedian said it is rare to find unknown human remains in the White Mountain National Forest.
Of those reported missing to conservation officers, "very few people are unaccounted for," he added. He estimated the number to be two to three.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow