Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Bedford dad: Ex-cop Coco should go before jury
DEAN DRUKKER, after Bedford accident.
Tracks left by the vehicle driven by former Manchester police officer Stephen Coco are seen in this photo supplied by the Drukker family. The orange marks near the mailbox on Harrod Lane in Bedford were made by police during the investigation of the hit-and-run in which Dean Drukker and Noah Hickman were injured. (COURTESY)
Coco has been accused of hitting Drukker and Hickman with the undercover police vehicle on the night of March 22, after leaving a gathering in Drukker's Bedford neighborhood. Earlier this year, Bedford police charged Coco with two felony counts of conduct after an accident, the legal wording for the more commonly known charge of hit and run.
Drukker said he disagrees with the reduction of the charges. He said it would be best if the case went to a jury.
Drukker would not disclose the details of any plea-bargain that Hathaway discussed with him.
"The point is, he's a police officer; he's trained in this," Drukker said. "I believe you should have a higher standard, a gold standard."
Drukker said his son was walking along Harrod Lane when he and Hickman saw the lights of a vehicle approach them. They went over as far as possible to the side of the road, and walked single file.
Bedford police would not say whether he was alive or dead, Drukker said.
According to court papers, Dean Drukker suffered bleeding to the brain, cuts, scrapes and a shoulder injury in the accident. His father said his son is in college and sports some scars from the accident.
The new charges say that Coco was "attempting to access information on a cell phone" at the time of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917