Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Man, 19, accused of robbing CVS in Derry
Edward Hewitt, no known address, was arrested on a warrant at 2:30 a.m. Sunday after turning himself in at the Derry Police Department, said Derry Police Capt. Vernon Thomas. Hewitt was also arrested on an electronic bench warrant out of Keene for failure to appear.On Sept. 16, a man entered the CVS Pharmacy at the intersection of East Broadway and Crystal Avenue and immediately drew a handgun.
Along with the CVS robbery, one other robbery in town possibly involved a gun while the other robberies didn’t, Thomas said, adding that the department statistics don’t specify the type of weapon involved in robberies.
“That’s not the only thing that exists but that’s one of the biggest motivators, probably the biggest motivators we deal with.” Thomas said.
In Nashua, there have been a number of robberies reported in the city in the last several weeks. Last year’s total of 28 robberies has already been surpassed, Nashua Police Lt. Denis Linehan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 1
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Baseball: PSU holds off Keene State - 0
- Schoop, Markakis pace Orioles past Sox - 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917