Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man, 19, accused of robbing CVS in Derry
Edward Hewitt, no known address, was arrested on a warrant at 2:30 a.m. Sunday after turning himself in at the Derry Police Department, said Derry Police Capt. Vernon Thomas. Hewitt was also arrested on an electronic bench warrant out of Keene for failure to appear.On Sept. 16, a man entered the CVS Pharmacy at the intersection of East Broadway and Crystal Avenue and immediately drew a handgun.
Along with the CVS robbery, one other robbery in town possibly involved a gun while the other robberies didn’t, Thomas said, adding that the department statistics don’t specify the type of weapon involved in robberies.
“That’s not the only thing that exists but that’s one of the biggest motivators, probably the biggest motivators we deal with.” Thomas said.
In Nashua, there have been a number of robberies reported in the city in the last several weeks. Last year’s total of 28 robberies has already been surpassed, Nashua Police Lt. Denis Linehan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483