All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Manchester firefighters work to remove smoke from inside of Chez Vachone Restaurant on Kelly Street Monday evening. (Bruce Preston / Union Leader))

Chez Vachon fire

Fire at Chez Vachon doused in Manchester

MANCHESTER — A popular West Side restaurant was damaged by a stove fire Monday.

A plastic cutting board left on top of the stove at Chez Vachon ignited, starting the fire that caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, District Chief Mark Pelletier said.

Pelletier said the restaurant at 136 Kelley St. would likely be closed for a few days in order to clean up the damage and recharge the fire suppression system in the kitchen.

The system was functional, but designed more for grease and other kitchen fires than the blaze that resulted from the smoldering plastic cutting board, Pelletier said.

The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire, which was called in at 5:22 p.m.

Trace Adkins
Saturday, 8 p.m.

Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey presents Circus XTREME
Friday, 7 p.m.
Saturday, 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.

Moniff: 5th Annual Monadnock Int'l Film Festival
Friday, 9:30 a.m.,
Saturday, 9:30 a.m.,
Sunday, 9 a.m.

Earth Day Celebration
Friday, 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.

Greater Dover Home Show
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.