Home » Opinion » Editorials
Comeback Sunday: Patriots, Red Sox give hope
The Patriots were down 27-23 with 68 seconds — and no timeouts — left. They drove 70 yards in 63 seconds, scoring the winning touchdown on a Tom Brady pass to rookie receiver Kenbrell Thompkins. The focus, determination and persistence needed to pull off that drive are what sports is all about. But there is a bonus. Thompkins himself is a comeback story. His teenage arrest record kept him from being picked in this year’s NFL draft, though he became a Christian in college and has stayed clean since. The Patriots gave him a chance to prove himself, and he is rewarding their trust.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'