Home » News » Public Safety
UPDATED: Father of missing Conway teen's boyfriend: We want her home
A friend of Abigail Hernandez identified only as "Nancy" speaks to the media at the Conway Police Department Tuesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader)
Jimmy Campbell and his girlfriend, missing teen Abigail Hernandez, in a photo posted as Campbell's Facebook profile photo on Sept. 27. (Courtesy)
She added: "If you know where Abby is, please keep her safe, and let her come back to us."
After the briefing, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young said the growing law enforcement presence in town and the message issued by Hernandez' sister are signs that her family and police believe they will still find her.
"That's always the hope; we're trying to bring her home safe and sound," Young said.
At present, Young said, the investigation is not focused on any particular person or in any direction. The search for Hernandez is being considered a missing person case; none of her family members are being sought for criminal reasons, Young said.
Hernandez's family, she said, is "overwhelmed."
"Her mother is so upset; every time the phone rings, she thinks it's her daughter calling," Young said.
"Any piece of information, from anyone, about where she was Wednesday and Tuesday, all of it is needed, even the slightest bit of information might lead us somewhere," Young said.
"We have no evidence to support one particular avenue; we still have to look at everything," Young said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072