Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Advantage Boston, on Lackey's pitching
And that seemed to be final straw for the relationship between him and a fan base that held him in such contempt that he became one of the poster children for the failure of that season.
As Boston’s Game 3 starter, he drew the assignment of going head-to-head with Justin Verlander. And, as it turned out, one of his generation’s premier pitchers was on top of his game.
The big Texan pitched out of some trouble in the first, when the Tigers put men at the corners with a couple of singles. Then he shook off the potential stiffness prompted by a 17-minute power outage delay by returning to the mound for the second inning and starting a run in which he struck out four in a row.
Dave D’Onofrio covers the Red Sox for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 16
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass