Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Patriots’ Mayo out for season
Mayo was leading the team with 66 tackles, including 1.5 sacks. He has been New England’s leading tackler in each of the previous five seasons and is considered the team’s best pass defender at linebacker.
Already, tackle Vince Wilfork was placed on the IR with an Achilles tendon tear, and tackle Tommy Kelly missed last week’s game with a knee injury.
Rookie linebacker Jamie Collins likely will inherit a larger role in the defense, as will second-year linebacker Dont’a Hightower.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings