Home » Sports » Sports Awards
Athlete of the Month
Manchester Central High's Jesiah Wade explodes on the NH football scene
After spending three solid campaigns playing for Division V Campbell High of Litchfield, this season Wade jumped to Manchester Central and has exploded on the Division I scene.
“People have to realize this kid had to learn a lot in a short period of time with us,” said Ray. “He’s not only an offensive player. We’ve asked him to learn the cornerback position and he’s also been contributing on special teams. He’s excelled on every level.”
MacPherson scored 22 goals in September, including four in a 6-1 win over Bishop Brady of Concord on Sept. 25. Brummett, a freshman at Derryfield, scored 25 goals in September to kick off her high school career. She had five goals in a 7-0 win over Pittsfield on Sept. 24.
Tied for fifth place in the balloting with 14 points were field hockey standout Colbi Vaillancourt of Manchester and football linebacker David Zocco of Nashua.
Nashua South product Zocco is a senior linebacker at the University of Rhode Island. Through four games in September, Zocco had 33 tackles, including two for losses.
A sophomore on the Inter-Lakes girls’ team, she had 19 goals in September, including six hat tricks.
Previous 2013 winners: January — Sean Doherty, Conway, biathlon; February — Drew Ledwith, Keene, swimming; March — Kaleb Tarczewski, Claremont, basketball; April — Mariah Crisp, Greenland, softball, and Eric Jensen, Gorham, baseball; May — Carson Cross, Brentwood, baseball; June — Rick Holt, football and baseball, Portsmouth. July — Eva Fabian, swimming, Keene. August — Chelso Barrett, golf, Surrey.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longview School science teacher lauded - 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
- Manchester school superintendent's contract renewed in secret session - 3
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 2
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained