Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rochester man pleads guilty to possessing stolen firearms
CONCORD — A Rochester man faces up to 10 years in federal prison on charges he possessed stolen firearms, including a Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle.
Timothy Lafond, 35, formerly of 3 Pleasant St., pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to the offenses.
According to U.S. Attorney John P. Kacavas, Lafond admitted he sold two guns — a Stag Arms, Model STAG-15, 5.56 caliber rifle and a Bushmaster, Model XM15-E2S, .223 caliber rifle — on Feb. 25, 2012, for $1,300 to an undercover officer in Rochester. The guns were stolen two days earlier from Seacoast Gun and Pawn in Rochester.
Lafond also faces a fine of up to $250,000. He is to be sentenced Jan. 21.
The case is being prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney John J. Farley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 30
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424