Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rochester man pleads guilty to possessing stolen firearms
CONCORD — A Rochester man faces up to 10 years in federal prison on charges he possessed stolen firearms, including a Bushmaster .223 caliber rifle.
Timothy Lafond, 35, formerly of 3 Pleasant St., pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court to the offenses.
According to U.S. Attorney John P. Kacavas, Lafond admitted he sold two guns — a Stag Arms, Model STAG-15, 5.56 caliber rifle and a Bushmaster, Model XM15-E2S, .223 caliber rifle — on Feb. 25, 2012, for $1,300 to an undercover officer in Rochester. The guns were stolen two days earlier from Seacoast Gun and Pawn in Rochester.
Lafond also faces a fine of up to $250,000. He is to be sentenced Jan. 21.
The case is being prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney John J. Farley.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424