Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
12-year sentence for Manchester man on federal drug, gun charges
CONCORD — A Manchester man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison on drug and gun possession charges.
Raymond Negron, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on charges of unlawful distribution of oxycodone and cocaine, unlawful possession with the intent to distribute oxycodone and cocaine, sale of a firearm to a prohibited person, possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
Negron was arrested after a joint investigation began in 2011 by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, state and Manchester police.
Negron was suspected of trafficking drugs in the city of Manchester and during the course of the investigation, he sold oxycodone tablets and cocaine on four separate occasions. During one of the drug transactions, Negron also sold an SKS 7.62 caliber rifle to a convicted felon. That gun, according to the U.S. Attorney, was stolen from a pawn shop in Miami, Fla.
On March 20, 2012, police searched Negron's 689 Hanover St. residence and recovered oxycodone tablets, cocaine, items used for packaging and distributing drugs and a "sawed-off" Mossberg 20-gauge bolt action shotgun which had an obliterated serial number.
The case was prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Cole Davis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal