Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
12-year sentence for Manchester man on federal drug, gun charges
CONCORD — A Manchester man was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison on drug and gun possession charges.
Raymond Negron, 32, was sentenced in U.S. District Court on charges of unlawful distribution of oxycodone and cocaine, unlawful possession with the intent to distribute oxycodone and cocaine, sale of a firearm to a prohibited person, possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number, and possession of an unregistered firearm.
Negron was arrested after a joint investigation began in 2011 by the DEA's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, state and Manchester police.
Negron was suspected of trafficking drugs in the city of Manchester and during the course of the investigation, he sold oxycodone tablets and cocaine on four separate occasions. During one of the drug transactions, Negron also sold an SKS 7.62 caliber rifle to a convicted felon. That gun, according to the U.S. Attorney, was stolen from a pawn shop in Miami, Fla.
On March 20, 2012, police searched Negron's 689 Hanover St. residence and recovered oxycodone tablets, cocaine, items used for packaging and distributing drugs and a "sawed-off" Mossberg 20-gauge bolt action shotgun which had an obliterated serial number.
The case was prosecuted by assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Cole Davis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917