Common Core moves continue in Manchester, Nashua
The Manchester Board of School Committee voted nearly unanimously Wednesday to develop "Manchester Academic Standards" that would make us of the Common Core State Standards, but only as a foundation for a district-wide overhaul of the curriculum, which would draw from multiple sources.
The Manchester district was poised to move forward with curriculum guides developed over the summer to align its curriculum with Common Core. The district paid a Boston-based consulting company $84,000 to assist in the process.
Ben Dick, the president of the city teachers union, said the new proposal has "the potential to be something great."
Banfield of Cornerstone Action said that she and others would be watching closely to ensure that Manchester develops a genuine alternative to Common Core and not the same standards by another name.
Calls to Deputy Education Commissioner Paul Leather were not returned. firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383