Home » News » Public Safety
Police seize starter pistol rounds found inside North Hampton school
NORTH HAMPTON — Authorities are investigating after starter pistol rounds were found inside the boy’s locker room at North Hampton School this morning, police said.
According to Police Chief Brian Page, police responded to the school after receiving a report of ammunition found on the floor in the locker room.
After investigating the incident, Page said officers believe the ammunition was actually starter pistol rounds, which are now in the custody of police.
In a statement, Page said there is no danger to the community or the school.
Because the investigation is ongoing and involves a minor, Page said neither the school nor the department will be able to discuss the identity of the student or any action that may result from the investigation.
“Any students who may have been affected by this incident will receive services from the school,” Page said.
He added, “While there is no danger to the community or the school, parents are urged to discuss with their children that playing with knives, ammunition, and firearms poses an unacceptable risk to themselves and others and that bringing these kinds of items to school cannot be tolerated.”
The incident comes just a few weeks after police launched a separate investigation after parents and officials from the same school reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
That incident allegedly happened Sept. 26 and may have been witnessed by other students, Page said at the time.
Page’s statement on this morning’s discovery of the starter pistol rounds also did not link the incident to last month’s alleged gun threat.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents