Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN – Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.
“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we’re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”
The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.
The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.
“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.
The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072