Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names
The field will include last year’s winner Derrick O’Donnell of North Haverhill. O’Donnell went on to become the 2013 Thunder Road Late Model champion and the Rookie of the Year. He will be joined by 2013 Riverside track champion Bryan Mason, 2013 ACT champion Wayne Helliwell Jr., 2013 Thunder Road Milk Bowl winner Nick Sweet, Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Randy Potter, Corey Mason, Quinny Welch — you get the idea.
Casella, who hails from Saugus, Mass., was a driver during the Modified Series’ inaugural season. He began some Pro-4 Modified racing after going out to Colorado, working at a Goodyear plant and being taken to Colorado International Speedway. “I had no idea that sort of thing was going on,” he said.
Star Speedway Modified champion Jacob Dore qualified through the consi, started 21st and got up to sixth before pitting on lap 75. Dore, 24, began racing karts in 1998.
Championships in several divisions are on the line at Hudson’s “Pumpkinfest” Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child