Flutist named to All-National Honor Band
MANCHESTER — A senior flutist at Central High School has been named a member of the All-National Honor Band, meaning she will play with top-rated student musicians across the country next weekend in Nashville.
Anna Ambrogi will perform and participate in activities at the 2013 National Association for Music Educators Honors Ensemble at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.
Ambrogi will prepare challenging music with help from Central High School band directors Edward Doyle and Edward Sterling, as well as her private flute instructor Jennifer Yeaton-Parris.
More than 670 of the most musically talented and skilled high school students in the United States will participate in the ensemble, which consists of concert band, symphony orchestra, mixed chorus and jazz ensemble.
Ambrogi has been selected for the New Hampshire All-State Music Festival for three straight years.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.