Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Psychiatric patient faces upgraded assault charge
Ornelas, of 54 Lancaster Ave., had been scheduled for arraignment Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a misdemeanor simple assault charge.
Police filed the more serious charge and intended to drop the misdemeanor at the arraignment session, but Ornelas remains hospitalized and no new date for arraignment has been set.
Ornelas was at the Elliot Hospital, awaiting transfer to the New Hampshire State Hospital, which has a waiting list. Police said he became increasingly agitated Wednesday and when the security guard, a retired New Hampshire State Trooper, sought to return Ornelas to his room, Ornelas attacked guard Lawrence Bolduc. Police said it took several security guards, a Manchester police officer who was on a detail at the Emergency Room, and pepper spray to get Ornelas under control and handcuffed.
Ornelas and Bolduc were treated for facial injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal