Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Psychiatric patient faces upgraded assault charge
Ornelas, of 54 Lancaster Ave., had been scheduled for arraignment Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a misdemeanor simple assault charge.
Police filed the more serious charge and intended to drop the misdemeanor at the arraignment session, but Ornelas remains hospitalized and no new date for arraignment has been set.
Ornelas was at the Elliot Hospital, awaiting transfer to the New Hampshire State Hospital, which has a waiting list. Police said he became increasingly agitated Wednesday and when the security guard, a retired New Hampshire State Trooper, sought to return Ornelas to his room, Ornelas attacked guard Lawrence Bolduc. Police said it took several security guards, a Manchester police officer who was on a detail at the Emergency Room, and pepper spray to get Ornelas under control and handcuffed.
Ornelas and Bolduc were treated for facial injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bodies of mother, son found in Amherst home in apparent murder-suicide - 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 3
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 6
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 1
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917