Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Police eye similarities in Exeter, Somersworth bank heists; $1,000 reward offered
Police are trying to identify this man who allegedly robbed the People's United Bank in Exeter. (Courtesy)
Exeter police are working with the FBI on an investigation into a heist that occurred on Oct. 7 at People's United Bank.
According to police, a man with a smile on his face walked into the bank at 80 Main St. around 3:30 p.m. and handed a teller a note.
The man made off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police said detectives are following up on leads in the case.
The man was described as 5-foot-8 with a medium build and a short salt and pepper beard. He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, a tan baseball cap, and dark sunglasses at the time of the heist, police said.
The man also has a tattoo of a dark blue 5-point star on the left side of his neck. The tattoo is approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
Police said they are also working with police in Somersworth, where the Citizens Bank at 1 Constitutional Way was held up at approximately 2:20 p.m. on Aug. 21.
According to police, there are some similarities in both cases. Notes were handed to the tellers and the suspected robber is approximately the same height and build, and had a similar beard.
Police said they hope the public can help them identify the man seen in surveillance pictures taken from both banks.
Tips can be provided anonymously through Seacoast Crime Stoppers by calling 431-1199 or sending a text message or writing a letter. Information can be found on the website SeacoastCrimestoppers.org
Any tip that leads to an arrest or conviction is eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Tipsters who contact Seacoast Crime Stoppers and provide information are given a special Crime Stoppers identification number. This is the only way of further identifying the caller, police said. If the tipster is granted a reward by the Board of Directors, the ID number will be posted on SeacoastCrimestoppers.org and on its Facebook page. Police said the tipster will be asked to call Seacoast Crime Stoppers and will then be notified of their reward and given further instructions on the payoff.
Anonymous tips can also be provided to the Somersworth Police Crimeline at 692-3111 or by calling either the Exeter or Somersworth police departments directly.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917