Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Epping police seek driver accused of fleeing after man fell from truck
Joseph "J.D." Bye, 21, of 6 Lorraines Place, is wanted in connection with the incident that allegedly happened Tuesday afternoon on Jenness Road.
Police Chief Michael Wallace said arrest warrants have been issued for Bye on charges of reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, and driving with a suspended license.
According to police, Bye and another individual met up with the victim, Steven Clark, shortly before the incident.
At some point, Bye allegedly began driving off in a 2001 Ford Ranger while Clark ran after him and grabbed the bed of the truck, Wallace said.
Clark was hanging onto the bed of the truck in the area of Fuller Lane when he fell off and landed on the road, Wallace said.
Clark suffered what police described as "serious" injuries. Bye is accused of failing to stop at the scene and failing to provide information to police.
Wallace said a neighbor who witnessed the accident ran over to assist Clark, who asked that his mother be called.
Clark's mother arrived and drove him to Exeter Hospital, where he was treated and later transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
"The victim is recovering from his injuries," Wallace said Friday.
The charges allege that Bye "recklessly engaged in conduct by driving a motor vehicle while Steven Clark was hanging on to the outside, which placed Steven Clark in danger of serious bodily injury, by continuing to drive on Jenness Road until Steven Clark fell from the moving vehicle."
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Epping Police Department at 679-5122.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424