Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Epping police seek driver accused of fleeing after man fell from truck
Joseph "J.D." Bye, 21, of 6 Lorraines Place, is wanted in connection with the incident that allegedly happened Tuesday afternoon on Jenness Road.
Police Chief Michael Wallace said arrest warrants have been issued for Bye on charges of reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, and driving with a suspended license.
According to police, Bye and another individual met up with the victim, Steven Clark, shortly before the incident.
At some point, Bye allegedly began driving off in a 2001 Ford Ranger while Clark ran after him and grabbed the bed of the truck, Wallace said.
Clark was hanging onto the bed of the truck in the area of Fuller Lane when he fell off and landed on the road, Wallace said.
Clark suffered what police described as "serious" injuries. Bye is accused of failing to stop at the scene and failing to provide information to police.
Wallace said a neighbor who witnessed the accident ran over to assist Clark, who asked that his mother be called.
Clark's mother arrived and drove him to Exeter Hospital, where he was treated and later transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
"The victim is recovering from his injuries," Wallace said Friday.
The charges allege that Bye "recklessly engaged in conduct by driving a motor vehicle while Steven Clark was hanging on to the outside, which placed Steven Clark in danger of serious bodily injury, by continuing to drive on Jenness Road until Steven Clark fell from the moving vehicle."
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Epping Police Department at 679-5122.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 0
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424