Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Former Manchester officer gets a year for crash
A jury in August found Connare innocent of second-degree assault and vehicular assault. Brown ruled the prosecution had not proved a misdemeanor drunken driving charge.
Connare's attorney, Eric Wilson, had sought a complete deferral of a one-year sentence to be followed by suspension for two years. Wilson said: "He's never shied away from responsibility."
Connare was originally charged with drunken driving and assault in connection with the high-speed crash that sent Heather O'Regan's car off the road and into a bridge abutment.
Connare said he had wanted to apologize to O'Regan immediately but couldn't.
"I am truly sorry," he said, adding that normally he wants and tries to help people. "That's the kind of person I am."
"I deserve to be punished," he said, but added that he "lost a career that I love."
A 21-year police veteran, Connare is eligible to draw a pension estimated at nearly $37,000 a year.
After the sentencing, O'Regan said she was appreciative of the work done by the prosecution and the court. She also said, "I'll be checking my rearview mirror more often."
Connare will be on probation for one year once he finishes serving his sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Bison are fast and furious - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Robust U.S. housing data point to strengthening economy - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424