Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Dept. promotes 2 officers
A 20-year veteran of the force, Frank Stoncius was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant; and Edward Budroe, a 14-year veteran was promoted to sergeant, said Capt. Vernon Thomas.
Stoncius fills a position left by former Lt. Jon Twiss, a 28-year veteran of the force who left in August to become the police chief in Fremont.
Stoncius has had many specialized assignments during his police career, Thomas said. He was assigned to OHRV patrol and was a field training officer. He also assisted Thomas with the School Safety Program and was a representative for the Town Safety Committee, Thomas said.
"We make sure the officers earn it each day," Thomas said. "The job is not like any other. They make split-second decisions that get evaluated by others for months, perhaps years."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate