Home » News » Public Safety
Search in Hampton suspended for owner of capsized paddle boat
Authorities are trying to locate the owner of this paddle boat found off of North Beach in Hampton Friday morning. (Courtesy)
The Coast Guard launched the search and rescue mission with help from local police following the discovery of the 8-foot Pelican paddle boat overturned in the area of North Beach.
No one was reported missing and authorities didn’t know if anyone was aboard the boat when it capsized, according to Lt. Eric Spragins, command duty officer with Coast Guard Sector Northern New England.
The boat was last seen Thursday night near 32 Noreast Lane in Hampton and was recovered near 1070 Ocean Lane in Hampton, officials said.
Spragins said the Coast Guard used a helicopter to search by air, and a 47-foot motor life boat also assisted with a water search near North Beach.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it