Home » News » Public Safety
Search in Hampton suspended for owner of capsized paddle boat
Authorities are trying to locate the owner of this paddle boat found off of North Beach in Hampton Friday morning. (Courtesy)
The Coast Guard launched the search and rescue mission with help from local police following the discovery of the 8-foot Pelican paddle boat overturned in the area of North Beach.
No one was reported missing and authorities didn’t know if anyone was aboard the boat when it capsized, according to Lt. Eric Spragins, command duty officer with Coast Guard Sector Northern New England.
The boat was last seen Thursday night near 32 Noreast Lane in Hampton and was recovered near 1070 Ocean Lane in Hampton, officials said.
Spragins said the Coast Guard used a helicopter to search by air, and a 47-foot motor life boat also assisted with a water search near North Beach.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester woman accidentally rolls car into Candia pond - 0
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Keene boy hit by truck remains hospitalized - 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family charged in alleged Canobie Lake Park melee released on bail - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim welcomed to NH; family says U.S. is offering asylum - 1
- Christie supports Havenstein's gubernatorial bid at BAE - 0
- Shelters, pantries benefit from Market Basket donations - 0
- Market Basket employees and customers remain loyal to their former CEO - 0
- S&P 500 posts worst day since April - 0
- The Price is right for Detroit to deal in bid to match Oakland in arms race; Durham's Fuld heads to A's - 0
- Lacasse tops teammate for Red Red Ryan title - 0
- Market Basket customers mobilize to help workers - 0
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism