Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Nashua teen returns home
Alex White, and eighth-grader at Elm Street Middle School, packed a bag and left home after an incident at school on Wednesday, prompting his mother to contact authorities and report him missing.
"He is 13-years-old and I don't know where he slept last night," Kay White, Alex's mother, said on Thursday.
According to White, Alex has been bullied at school for the past few weeks. The bullying must have reached a tipping point on Wednesday when Alex felt the need to use his cell phone at school to contact and threaten one of the kids that has been the culprit, she said.
"He got into trouble at school for using his phone, so I took it from him after school. The punishment fit the crime, so at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," she said, worrying about her son on the streets without a phone.
Police said White returned home safely on Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua South edges Manchester Memorial in girls soccer action - 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 9
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 10
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 5
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 2
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright