Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Nashua teen returns home
Alex White, and eighth-grader at Elm Street Middle School, packed a bag and left home after an incident at school on Wednesday, prompting his mother to contact authorities and report him missing.
"He is 13-years-old and I don't know where he slept last night," Kay White, Alex's mother, said on Thursday.
According to White, Alex has been bullied at school for the past few weeks. The bullying must have reached a tipping point on Wednesday when Alex felt the need to use his cell phone at school to contact and threaten one of the kids that has been the culprit, she said.
"He got into trouble at school for using his phone, so I took it from him after school. The punishment fit the crime, so at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," she said, worrying about her son on the streets without a phone.
Police said White returned home safely on Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 3
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 23
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt