Monarchs fall to Hartford in shootout
The Monarchs (3-0-2) play their first home game of the season Saturday night when the Providence Bruins visit Verizon Wireless Arena for a 7 p.m. game.
Hartford (4-0-1) scored two quick goals in the third period to erase a 3-1 Manchester lead.
Linden Vey had a chance to win the game in overtime for Manchester when he was awarded a penalty shot, but Hartford goalie Cam Talbot made the save.
Tanner Pearson put Manchester on top 2-1 early in the second period. Pearson broke in alone on Talbot and beat the Wolfpack goalie with a forehand shot.
The Monarchs announced on Friday that veteran defenseman Andrew Campbell has been named team captain and defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk and Vey were named alternate captains. Campbell is in his sixth season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 25
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 2
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 82
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
- American blessing: The Pilgrims and self-reliance - 20
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up